True Blood – Season 6 premieres on Sunday, June 16 at 9PM, on HBO.
You know, sometimes I get asked “Sly, why do you post these pictures of scantally clad men?” And you know what I tell them? Because its\’s a day that ends in y so stop asking these questions and look at the damn pictures, okay?! Now that I have that out of the way, I bring you this week’s advocates We Love: Ryan Kwanten. You probably know him best for his role as smooth talking southern gentleman Jason Stackhouse from HBO’s True Blood. But he is much more than a pretty face…
Wait where was I?! Oh yeah I was yelling you why Ryan s an advocate. Ryan joined his fellow castmates to do a PSA for the It Gets Better Project, to help encourage and support LGBT youth and filmed his segment with costar Chris Bauer:
Look, Chris and I are both very much outsiders, as much as it wouldn’t seem like we are, And we’re here to tell you that we don’t think we’re alone. We now know that we’re not alone. And if you also feel like an outsider, feel like that no one is listening to you, believe me there are places to go, there is someone to turn to, there is a comfort, a security network that you can turn to and sort of say, ‘You know what, I have this problem. This person is picking on me.’”
Ryan has always been kind and supportive, and whether that comes from his laid back Australian demeanor or the fact that his younger broither Lloyd is gay and he accepts him completely the fact is that Ryan supports us no matter what and that is what makes him an advocate.
Plus he looks incredible with
or without clothes.
As if there weren’t enough reasons to love Ryan Kwanten, he’s giving us some more.
In a recent interview with The Advocate Ryan Kwanten who plays Jason Stackhouse in the hit HBO series True Blood talks lovingly about his little younger brother Llyod. and how he wasn’t fazed at all when his younger brother ‘came out’ as gay – insisting his sibling was a “changed man for the better” when he accepted his sexuality
“My youngest brother, Lloyd, is gay,” says the 33-year-old actor. “He’s a doctor, so he got every ounce of intelligence in the family. He was probably about 18 when he came out, and I can wholeheartedly tell you that from the day that he did, he was a changed man for the better. The sheer beauty of who he is really came through.”
Kwanten also wouldn’t mind following in costar Stephen Moyer’s charitable footsteps by auctioning off the cloth pouch he uses to hide his manhood during some of the shows more revealing scenes.
“Well, I’ve gone through more than one, so there might be a couple out there,” he jokes. “I’ll have to speak to Audrey, our wardrobe designer, and see if she can track one down. There’s quite a collection, actually—one for every mood.”
HOT DAMN! Where’s my checkbook!
* Chris Evans ULTRA buffed and stripped to thje waist in Captain America. Hummina…Hummina…Hummina…WHOA! Must not lick compter screen….
* Season 5 will be the last season for HBO’s Mormon polygamy show “Big Love” An extremely muddled Season 4, and the fact that a show about polygamist could somehow actually “jump the shark” using a “Mexican bird smuggling” storyline and “forced artificial insemination” with a plan to create a master race of Mormons might have something to do with it. That and the fact that Joey is NEVER shirtless.
* Ryan Kwanten is set to play Charles Manson in the upcoming film The Family. This will not do. I do not want to turned on by Charles Manson.
* New rule for the Oprah Winfrey Network. The Oprah Winfrey Network does not call anyone “bitches.”
According to the Orlando Sentinal.……maybe.
There appears to be a casting announcement for MB Casting, Inc., in conjunction with Sand Woman Productions, Orlando, Florida that states it’s “in talks with Ryan Kwanten and Daniel Radcliffe, for the Feature Film, ‘My Fair Lidy” ‘a film is a ‘timely and broaches many subjects, which include unemployment and how Americans use their wits and self determination to find a way to not only support themselves, but to live the American Dream. Through comedy, this film will make the audience take notice of a very unlikely hero, who just happens to be gay.”
Of course it’s all probably just hype. I mean I sent an email to James Franco professing my undying love so in reality I’m “in talks” with him too.
But Harry Potter and Jason Stachouse hooking up. You have to admit thats alot to fill the oold imagination.
* Unfortunately Ryan Kwanten won’t be dropping trou for Playgirl: But he did, however, have an idea for a couple of his costars in Playgirl. “Maybe Stephen [Moyer] and Alex [Skarsgård] can do a little tandem,” he cracked.” Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet idea Ryan!
* Mariah Carey might have a bun in the oven. Imagine. Mimi in labour in a Hello Kitty hospital gown. In HEELS. And after her water breaks, she’ll get her makeup done, and her hair blown out, and she’ll be the first person ever in the history of sound to scream through 7 octaves during her contractions.
* True Blood is headed to the BIG Screen, 30 feet of Alex Skarsgård? The ushers will be mopping up drool during showings. (Oh and SUCK IT “Twilight”.)
* HOT Geek Of The Week – Brad Goreski’of the Rachel Zoe Project. Face of an accountant. Body of a porn star. Rachel Zoe knows how to pick her assistants apparently.