With France’s plans to legalize same-sex marriage ex-Hitler Youth and current Pope Benedict XVI, told a group of French bishops visiting Castel Gandolfo that the introduction of gay marriage will threaten society and the family in France.
“The family is threatened by a conception of human nature that is proven to be defective, … defending the family and life in society is prophetic and anything but regressive. Marriage and the family are institutions that must be promoted and defended from every possible misrepresentation of their true nature, since whatever is harmful to them will in fact be injurious to society itself.’
The Pope is directly calling upon the French Catholic lobby to interfere in the affairs of a government.
Caganers, small statues which depict celebrities and public figures defecating has out done themselves this year with their NEW addition POOP BENEDICT XVI!
“As in previous years, the personalities with the highest media profiles are generally the best sellers. Last year, US President Barack Obama and France’s first lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy were among the top stars. This year, Barcelona’s Argentine footballer Messi, who won the Golden Boot award as last season’s top scorer in Europe’s domestic leagues, is expected to be big, said Marc Alos, a member of the Alos-Pla family which produces the hand-painted figurines at its factory near Barcelona. For children, Messi, whose caganer has just been reissued, will be competing with popular television cartoon character SpongeBob SquarePants, a newcomer this year. ‘Michael Jackson will be also be highly sought after this year,’ as will the pope, who visited Spain this month, said Alos. Other new figurines include the Dalai Lama, Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho and Formula One driver Fernando Alonso in his new Ferrari colours.”
Oh dear god I WANT ONE!
Any readersout there from Spain? If so contact me via the email in the upper right hand portion of this BLOG!
* Writing in his new book Light of the World: Pope Benedict XVI , the Church and the Signs of the Times, to be released Tuesday, the pope maintains his opposition to condoms as a contraceptive, but approves of them if gay hookers slip ’em on to prevent the spread of HIV. It’s nice to know that Benny cares about his Priests
* A week after students at St. Charles North High School in Illinois caused an uproar by wearing “Straight Pride” tees (adorned with kill-the-gays Biblical messages) to class, the Jr. Nazi’s have started a new bout of homophobia by spray painting anti-gay messages on the high school building.
* Jeromie Cancel has been found guilty in the murder of Manhattan college student Kevin Pravia, who was strangled to death in his apartment by Cancel. The defense had implied “gay panic” as a reason for the murder. Cancel faces 25 years to life in prison at his sentencing next month. LIFE PLEASE!
* Former GLAAD president Neil Giuliano has been hired to head the San Francisco AIDS Foundation. I wish that AIDS charities directors didn’t have to make six figure salaries from organizations that depend on private donations. The problem is that the pay siphons away a disproportionate percentage of the institutes annual budget. Making big bucks off AIDS and Human Rights is so low.
* More than a year after a controversial bar raid on the 40th Anniversary of the Stonewall Riots at the Rainbow Lounge in Fort Worth, TX which sent protesters to the streets and vaulted the city into the national spotlight, city officials have dropped charges against four bar patrons including one who was critically injured by police. Thats mighty big of them. Now how about apologizing and firing the police officers involved.
* The Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco said it will permit cameras in the courtroom when it hears a challenge to Proposition 8, which eliminated marriage rights for millions of gay Californians. So FUCK YOU Brian Brown and NOM!
* Virgin America Flight 28 on Thursday took a bit of sidetrip on Thursday so two gay men could get married. When the passengers of the flight were alerted to the happy event afterward by a flight attendant’s announcement that the pilot had wed the couple while in Canadian airspace (where gay marriage is legal), the plane burst into a round of applause. Well done!
Over 20,000 human rights campaigners took part in the central London march – ten times the number expected. They gathered to air their opposition and vent their frustration and disgusts to the Pope’s and the Catholic Churchs teachings on issues from gay rights and women priests, his claims that condoms spread rather than prevent the spread of HIV and AIDS. and the horrid and enormous priest sex abuse scandal and cover-up.
Protesters gathered near Hyde Park Corner in London for the Protest the Pope rally. Some held aloft banners stating: “The Pope is wrong – put a condom on” and ‘Pope protects paedophile priests’. Among those in attendance was human rights campaigner Peter Tatchell, who hit out at the use of taxpayers’ money being used to fund the visit. He said: ‘The Vatican isn’t a state, it is not recognised as a country by the UN. To give the Pope head of state status is wrong and to give him immunity against prosecution is wrong – no-one should be above the law.'”
Pope Benedict XVI was greeted in protest yesterday by a trio of extremely handsome scantily clad men dressed who called themselves Gaydar’s Warrior Angels, at St. Mary’s University in Twickenham, UK . Twickenham, just happens to be the town where social networking site Gaydar is headquartered. (I wonder if Benny knew that and went there for some other reason than St. Mary’s University.)
According to London’s Telegraph, guests coming to see the pope were met by three men wearing gold wings, Speedos, and nothing more. The men told the crowd they were pushing for the church to be more accepting of gay people.
Dear God. It’s me, Will. PLEASE LET HEAVEN LOOK LIKE THAT!