Tony Perkin’s Family Research Council have invaded North Carolina with their Family “Values Bus’ are promoting North Carolina’s anti-gay marriage amendment ballot measure there by bribing families with children by offering them free gifts and candy.
When your ideas are morally bankrupt, as is the case of people who are pimping Amendment One to enshrine discrimination in NC’s constitution, you can’t win on logical arguments based on civil law. You have to load up a bus and drive around to convince North Carolinians to vote to “save marriage from the homosexuals” using religion-based bigotry and try to pollute the minds of children by offering up gifts and candy.
What’s that saying about taking candy from strangers?
* Democratic National Committee’s NEW Faith Outreach Director Opposses Same Sex Marriage. Good going there DNC and then you wonder why so many in the LGBT Community have issues fully supporting you. IDIOTS. – Pam’s House Blend
* Republican Congressman Trent Franks of Arizona Thinks That Straights Should Have MORE Special Rights Because Same Sex Marriage Threatens America! – The New Civil Rights
* National Organization for Marriage watchdog Jeremy Hooper BUSTS NOM’s use of fraudulent photos and looks At This Week in NOM (Oct. 23 – Oct. 29 ) – ( NOTE: If Jeremy Hooper doesn’t get a Blogger of the Year Award I am going to go ballistic. He truly deserves it!) – Good As You
* Twitter’s own @CitizenWilliams talks about Canada’s ruling, anti-gay right-wing Conservative Party and it’s It Gets Better Video dedicated to the memory of bullied gay Ottawa teen Jamie Hubley who committed suicide earlier this month which raised eyebrows all across Canada – GAZE Magazine
* Danish veteran LGBT activist Axel Axgil founder of the worlds oldest LGBT organisation and the very first in the world to legally marry his gay partner in 1989 has passed away at 96. – Daily Kos
* Beating Of Ohio Gay Teen Caught On Video – The mother of the 15-year-old gay student is seeking retaliation against the bully who beat her son while bystanders stood by and did nothing but record the abuse – On Top Magazine and ABC News
* Rick Perry says “Repeal Gay Marriage in New Hampshire”. I say STFU Pick Perry! – The Concord Monitor
* The Fight Turns Dirty To Win The Gay Vote In San Francisco Mayor’s Race – Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeow! – SF Gate
* Gay Marriage Opponents Want An Apology From Gov. Andrew Cuomo. (And I want to be Ben Cohen’s power-bottom, both are very unlikely to happen.)The Advocate
* On FX’s American Horror Story we finally meet the dead gay decorator in a flashback to 2010 … One of whom is newly OUT but NOT NEWLY Gay ZACHARY QUINTO and leads to the some of the best lines ever uttered on television: “You’re screwing that twink trainer of yours, and I need gourds!” Then there’s a mentions of power bottoms, “Hallowqueens,” Virgina Woolfe and a La Roux reference. Just in case there was any lingering doubt that the last murder house inhabitants were the EXTRA GAY type of gays. Below is a clip from near the end of American Horror Story – Episode 5: Halloween Part 1
LGBT blogger Pam Spaulding from Pam’s House Blend over at Fire Dog Lake took to the steps of “Duke and Durham: Love=Love Candlelight Vigil.” last night to let her feelings be know about the North Carolina’s legislature attepting to pass a constitutional amendment that would ask voters to ban marriage, civil unions, domestic partnerships and other same sex relationship recognition on the May 2012 ballot.
Pam, a North Carolina native joined over 300 others at the vigil which was a somber affair. But Spaulding would not let her feelings be reigned in and spoke passionately, truthfully and from the heart.
Pam Spaulding start speaking about 1:00 mark
Whats happening in North Carolina and across America to the LGBT Community thanks to the Republican party is a heinous injustice. And in my opinion “vigils” are to mourn. I applaud Pam for standing up and speaking out. We must stop lamenting and start lambasting. The time for vigils is over. We must take to the streets and stand tall and speak out. What they, the Republicans and the homophobic bigots out there are doing to us is just plain wrong.
The time for lighting candles and waxing poetic is over. It’s time to take to the streets and FIGHT.
President Obama will hold a White House Gay Pride Reception on June 22. Invitations for the event were mailed last week, they say: “The President requests the pleasure of your company at a reception in celebration of LGBT Pride Month to be held at The White House.”
Well there must be some oversight because iafter a week I still haven’t recieved mine! I wonder if it’s lost in the mail?
So President Obama how about an invite. Hell, I don;t even care if you invite me. How about inviting bloggers Pam Spaulding, Louise Maine, Mike Petrelis, Joe Jervis, or Andy Towle? Or activist Andy Thayer from the Gay Liberation Network or Robin McGehee from Get Equal? They are REAL LGBT Americans who care about our rights and our future and who aren’t afraid to stand up, fight, and report the truth. The REAL fierce advocates of the LGBT Community
So, Mr. President we are all waiting for our invitations. Are you willing to “man-up” and send them and convince us that you have the LGBT communities best interest at heart or will this once again just be a photo-op coctail party for the gay elite who make nice salaries and benefit from our inequality? The same “gay elite” that we as a community don’t even want to represent us anymore but like herpes can’t seem to get rid of.
I’ll wait for the mailman everyday for my invitation.
But alas, I am sure that like having equal rights I will be waiting forever.