Anderson Cooper and CNN take a three part look at the tragic death of Kirk Murphy
In 1970, a five-year-old boy named Kirk Murphy was subjected to an ex-gay experiment. Under the care of George Rekers, , he underwent therapy to eliminate supposed effeminate behaviors.
In 1974, Lovaas and Rekers jointly published a paper about the boy they renamed “Kraig,” heralding his treatment for “childhood cross-gender problems” a success and claiming he had been transformed from a gender-confused homosexual-in-waiting to a healthy, heterosexual young man. On the back of this study, Rekers built a career as an anti-gay activist and a supposed expert in childhood sexual development. He co-founded the officially sanctioned anti-gay hate the Family Research Council and championed “ex-gay” therapy to turn gay men straight.
In 2003, Kirk, aged 38 years old and gay, committed suicide.
In May 2010 George Rekers was exposed for hiring gay male prostitute as a travel companion for a two-week vacation in Europe
If you missed Part 1 of “The Sissy Experiment” CLICK HERE
Anderson Cooper and CNN is taking a three part look at the tragic death of Kirk Murphy who, at the age of 5 was put into an experimental government-funded program at the University of California, Los Angeles in the early 1970s to be “cured” of his effeminate ways which was run by George Alan Rekers who later in his life would be a co-founder of The Family Research Council and who would be busted for hiring male escorts because he himself was secretly gay despite the fact that he devoted his life to “curing” of homosexuality and causing harm and self destruction of many of the boys and men put in his charge.
Kirk Murphy committed suicide at the age of 38.
Below is Part 1 of Kirk Murphy’s tragic story.
Bishop Keith B. McMullin, second counselor in the Presiding Bishopric of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (aka MORMONS!) spoke at the 20th annual conference of Evergreen International, a nonprofit support group for Mormons who want to “overcome homosexual behavior.” even though Evergreen is not “officially affiliated” with the Morom church. ( To have a look inside the 2009 Evergreen Confrence head on over to Pam’s House Blend where Investigative reporter Jesse Fruhwirth of of Salt Lake City Weekly was the only reporter ever to gain access to the conference)
On Saturday, McMullin said people with same-sex attraction should not call themselves “gay” or “lesbian.” He offered advice to LDS ecclesiastical leaders in the audience of about 200 people.
“If someone seeking your help says to you, ‘I am a homosexual,’ or, ‘I am lesbian,’ or, ‘I am gay,’ correct this miscasting,” McMullin said. “Heavenly Father does not speak of his children this way and neither should we. It is simply not true. To speak this way seeds a doubt and deceit about who we really are.” (Oh brother…) and that every individual is a “son or daughter” of God. Jesus Christ, who has the power to lift the “burden” of every “man and woman, boy and girl.”
Just another slap from the cult that is the Mormon church and proof how far they have not come since the days of electroshock therapy and abuse of Gay and Lesbian men.
Oh and as for Evergreen, Evergreen director David C. Pruden DEFENDED George Alan Rekers and his “Lift My Luggage” Scandal by issuing a curious statement which might be read as an admission of hypocrisy on Pruden’s part reading: “Without judging anyone else, let me say that I do know that if being stupid or even a hypocrite eliminated someone from public involvement, almost all of us who were honest would have to live alone in a cave somewhere.” Pruden then added, “I know I would
Pruden is also Vice President of Operations for the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality (NARTH)
* 90210’er Michael Steger will be joining the cast of True Blood this season, Steger will play Tony, a gay prostitute who gets picked up by King of Mississippi Russell Edgington (Denis O’Hare) because of his resemblance to his current steady, Talbot (Theo Alexander). Steger will appear in one episode of the drama’s upcoming third season and may return on a recurring basis in season 4. One episode in Season 3? That sucks.
* John Barrowman wants his “lamp” rubbed. PICK ME!! PICK ME!!!!
* Daniel Radcliffe Daniel Radcliffe wants to look like Cristiano Ronaldo. Daniel faces shirtless scenes as a window cleaner in musical How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying. A pal said: ‘Daniel wants to completely re-sculpt his body and has taken Ronaldo as his inspiration. He envies his muscle definition and is hoping to get a similar six-pack for himself. He put on a little timber last year and is keen to get down to a more svelte shape.” No need to worry Daniel. I assure you there are many eager fans out there wanting to see your “timber” no matter what state it’s in
* A gay couple are trekking across Europe this month in an attempt to find love… for their bereaved dog. (George Rekers?). DJ Juan Veny, 25, and his partner were devastated when their pooch Hanna died last Valentine’s Day, so – in a bid to alleviate their family’s heartbreak – the pair are now determined to find her widowed boyfriend, Kito, a new bitch. (Again, George Rekers?)
* Is Apple requiring magazines to censor nipples for iPad editions? “A Dazed and Confused insider revealed that the mag’s iPad edition has been nicknamed the Iran edition by the people putting it together, given the parallels between censorship in the Muslim theocracy and the iTunes store.”
* Ian McKellen offered $1 dollar after being mistaken for homeless person! But his latest performance was perhaps his most impressive yet – he was mistaken for a genuine tramp as he sat outside a theatre. The 70-year-old X-Men star was wearing his threadbare costume during a break from rehearsing for Waiting For Godot in Melbourne, Australia, when a passer-by gave him an Australian dollar.
Not to be outdone by Jay Leno, Stephen Colbert jumped on the George Alan Rekers Rentboy.com Express last night
And with George Alan Rekers still trying to explain away his apparent homosexuality, and the Family Research Council distancing itself from one of its founders, there’s plenty of material.
Here’s the FRC backtracking
In the past 24 hours FRC has received calls regarding Dr. George Rekers and his connection with the Family Research Council. After reviewing the historical records we did verify that Dr. Rekers was a member of the original Family Research Council board prior to its merger with Focus on the Family in 1987. Reports have been circulating regarding Dr. Rekers relationship with a male prostitute. FRC has had no contact with Dr. Rekers or knowledge of his activities in over a decade so FRC can provide no further insight into these allegations. While we are extremely disappointed when any Christian leader engages in the very activities that they ‘preach’ against, it is not surprising. The Scriptures clearly teach the fallen nature of all people. We each have a choice to act upon that nature or accept the forgiveness offered by grace through faith in Jesus Christ and do our best to ensure our actions, both public and private match our professed positions.
Even Jo-vanni Roman, the Puerto Rican fellow living in Miami, and better known as the rentboy “Lucien,” doesn’t want to participate in this creep’s public nightmare:
I don’t think people realize how serious this has gotten, and I would have talked about this had my privacy been respected. There’s absolutely nothing else I can say
Dude, seriously. Privacy? You rent your ass by the hour on the internet.