A gay Chilean man who was beaten, stabbed, burned, and branded with a Swastika by a gang of neo-Nazis has died.
Last month Daniel Zamudio, Zamudio was beaten with blunt objects before the Neo Nazi’s cut off part of his ear, carved swastikas into his abdomen and burned other parts of his body with cigarettes.
Zamudio’s mother told the newspaper that her son had gone to work at a store on Friday, but she did not know his whereabouts until he was found in a park the following day.
Zamudio has remained in the hospital the past month clinging to life and was pronounced dead last night by doctors.
The Chilean LGBT rights group MOVILH tweeted: “Daniel Zamudio died. Strength to your family. You will be remembered. Your passage was not in vain.”
Chile’s President Sebastian Pinera has spoken out and vows action:
The case has prompted a national debate in Chile over hate crimes, and his death prompted Chilean President Sebastian Pinera to say from Asia that his government won’t rest until a proposed anti-discrimination law is passed.
Four suspects are jailed, some with criminal records of attacks on gays. Prosecutors asked Wednesday for murder charges carrying life sentences
President Pinera also tweeted from South Korea that the “brutal and cowardly attack of Daniel Zamudio wounds not only his family but all people of good will.”
* Fuck Tiger Woods. Colombian golfer Camilo Villegas brings sexy back to Golf. Wait was it ever sexy? Anyway Camillo poses nude for ‘body issue’ of ESPN magazine. Erotic? Weird? You decide
* Chile’s Channel 13/Canal 13, where Glee airs, is known also by its full corporate name, Corporación de Televisión de la Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, and is heavily influenced by the Church and so it has DEGAYED “GLEE”! (Actually the Church OWNS the Network, which it is selling now, Were they afraid of Sue Sylvester? ) I know that you think that means the episodes would be only 20 seconds long. So far the biggest change is “Rachel doesn’t speak about her “dads.” She speaks ins Spanish about her “dad.” This channel is totally anti-gay rights. So Glee is in part giving this channel lots of ratings and credibility” Hmmmm whats going to happen when they catch up to the episodes with Brittany and Santana’s scissoring?
* James Cameron and Angelina Jolie rumored to bring their version of Cleopatra to the big screen.. What the hell is this the white version of “Dreamgirls”? Cleo was only 21 when she meat Julius Caesar. Angies adopted kids are almost that old now.
* Laura Bush says that “Supporting Marriage Equality was not her responsibility”. But supporting a lying, inept, law breaking, sack of shit President was I suppose. Just keep telling yourself that Laura. (I always hated you anyway BITCH)
* A woman claims that she was propositioned by Christina Aguilera at a popular gay bar in LA. Back in May, Aguilera told Out Magazine that, while she finds women attractive, there’s one thing she can’t live without: “My husband knows that I get into girls. I think it’s fun to be open and play. The line is real to me. My husband and I check in with each other, but I definitely love women. I think they’re more attractive to the naked eye. I don’t think I could ever really be with a woman…And you know, I love dick. To be honest, that I cannot live without.”
* James Franco to play Robert Mapplethorpe? James you told me you were STR8!
* Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka Welcome Twins! BIG SHIT. I like Neil alot but the over saturation is beginning to hit it. Besides more “gaybies”? Please. This headline would ahve been better if it read. “Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka Buy Well Hung Sex Slaves!”
The president of the Socialist Party, Chile Senator Fulvio Rossi has stated that Catholic Church had a hand in the recent decision of four senators to withdraw their support for a gay marriage bill.
Rossi, who introduced the gay marriage bill in August, said he would “not accept intimidation from any church” and called the departure of Senators Alejandro Navarra (MAS), Isabel Allende (PS), Guido Girardi (PPD) and Ricardo Lagos Weber (PPD) a “bad sign.”
“It seems a very bad sign that my fellow senators who signed onto the bill convinced of the need to promote in Chile a gay marriage law, now are being bullied and pressured to the point that they decided to withdraw their signatures from the parliamentary initiative,”
The Catholic Church in Latin America has loudly criticized the legalization of gay marriage in Mexico City and Argentina. (Of course, its noit like they have anything else to do.)
Rossi’s bill seeks to alter the definition of marriage in Chile’s civil code from a contract between “a man and a woman” to one between two persons and strike out a reference to procreation. (Which I am sure pisses the catholic Church off to the extreme)
Rossi insisted he would not withdraw the bill and that it would continue “its normal processing in the Senate.”
Bravo to Senator Rossi! (You are also really sexy!)
ollowing the massive earthquake in Chile, 25% of the world’s population is bracing for a possible tsunami. What might that look like? Check out these scary and awe-inspiring videos of past tsunamis.
And PLEASE if you are in a coastal area that might be affected by this tsunami seek higher ground immediately. Better safe than sorry.