Superhot actor Joe Manganiello, who plays the werewolf Alcide on the upcoming season of True Blood, which starts this weekend
“Vampires can get away with having very slight builds and the audience will still believe that they’re super powerful. Werewolves are animals and in my mind they should be very muscular. Not an extra ounce of fat on them. Really ripped. I wanted people to look at Alcide and think, ‘wow, he’s a super strong animal’…My mom is half Austrian and comes from a long line of giant athletes. I remember my mom doing double bicep flexes and her arms were just ripped. She had like Madonna arms. She would flex and say, ‘that’s where you get it kid.’ So I have my mother to thank.”
Manganiello also talked with Anna Paquin in a video interview and about his introduction to the ‘Brotherhood of the Sock’.
* James Franco, the hottest, weirdest fuckin’ dude on the planet (which is one of the reasons I am in love with him) is next going to star in the new Planet of the Apes movie, Rise of the Apes. He’ll play a doctor who thinks he’s cured Alzheimer’s disease so he tests his magic formula on common monkeys and then they all turn into Dr. Zaius. (Dr. Zaius, Dr. Zaius / Dr. Zaius, Dr. Zaius) After that, “he who must be worshipped” Franco will play a 16th century courtesan to Oliver Platt’s wicked governor in a film called The Courtesan’s Curtain Can’t wait!
* Paul Rueben’s Pee Wee is headed to Broardway! (Which is much better than a skanky porn theatre.) On Thursday, the producers announced that “The Pee-wee Herman Show,” the original stage comedy that set that manic man-child character portrayed by Paul Reubens on a path to cult stardom, will transfer to Broadway in the fall for a six-week run! TEQUILA!
* Arrest arrant issued for Lindsay Lohan! FREE LINDSAY! (Oh wait, she might like it in there.)
* Grace Jones FOREVER! (Link NWSF. But hell my site isn’t either!)
* Marc Jacobs greases up and strips down to sell his new scent “BANG”. The ad depicts a sultry and well-oiled Jacobs laying against crumpled silver mylar sheets with his legs splayed open, and only an oversized fragrance bottle blocking the view of his boy parts. Remember when jacobs was just a little dork?
* Zachary Quinto talks about the cancellation of Heroes: “I will forever look back on Heroes as the game changer.” Dude, you know what would be a REAL game changer and something you could be PROUD of? If you came out of your freakin walkin-in closet already!
* Marc Jacobs employee calls police after white powder was sent to the store:. Guess what? It was cocaine. (Now that was an easy guess.)
* Steven Levitan, creator of Modern Family, discusses the Cam-Mitchell kiss campaign: “We don’t quite get that controversy. We think the vast majority of the gay community finds the Cameron and Mitchell depiction to be very positive. Here we are the first show on television to show a committed gay couple adopting a baby, raising a baby. It seems to me that there are better targets out there than us. That said, everything we’re doing is based on character and that very issue will be addressed next season. But it was our plan all along to do so.” Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Just have them freakin kiss already!
* The ever tactful Kevin Sessums asks Edie Falco when discussing her lesbian fans, if she’s ever “buttered that side of [her] toast.” Says Falco: “I beg your pardon! I am so not going there. Wow. I’ve never heard it put that way either. But no. I’m afraid I like boys.”
* Just like they did with Levi Johnston, Playgirl is slowly rolling out the pictorial “Make Me a Supermodel” Ronnie Kroell, the gay Reality Television Famous model, who is allegedly erect in his allegedly artful spread
* Well if you plan on coming out on May 5th make sure you check with this celebrity first. Since he believes that his coming out is more important than your coming out, he will not appreciate your stealing his thunder. In fact, he may even call you up to ask you to put your announcement on hold. Kind of tacky actually since he should spend more time fixing his own mess of a life rather than calculating how much publicity he can get for disclosing things everyone already knew.”
* Well “Mystery Mo” won’t ned to worry about Sean “Puffy” Combs stealing his coming out party. Lawyers for Puff Daddy sent blogger Sandra Rose a cease and desist letter denying a blind item was about their client:
“This law firm represents the internationally renowned entertainer Sean ‘Puff’y’ Combs. The article you have published on your website SandraRose.com, titled ‘Not So Blind Item’ (the ‘Article’) is laden with scandalous and false information about Mr. Combs, is libelous per se and portrays Mr. Combs in a false light. For the record, Mr. Combs is not homosexual.”
Denying a blind item? Someone is touchy? Doth she protest too much?
Oh and by the way Sean……we don’t want you anyway.
* Dunno Y … Na Jaane Kyun, a film featuring India’s first cinematic gay kiss, is scheduled to go on general release within weeks. Already dubbed India’s answer to Brokeback Mountain it tells the story of an aspiring model who travels to Mumbai, India’s commercial and film capital, to seek his fortune and enters into a homosexual relationship, in part to further his career. For decades Bollywood avoided graphic depictions of even heterosexual kisses, with films famously cutting away to images of budding flowers, breaking waves or crashing waterfalls at the crucial moment. (Much like American TV!)
* Happy 30th Birthday Channing Tatum! And in honor of it why shouldn’t we get a little present? Here is the star of GI Joe, Stop-Loss and Step Up in his birthday suit!