Spains Largest Lottery "El Gordo" To Introduce New "Gay Luck" Tickets And Will Donate Money To Gay Charities

Spain’s largest lottery, El Gordo, with a prize fund of € 2.3 Billion will be launching a new ticket called “Gay Luck” and will donate 80% of the administration office fee’s to the gay charities chosen by a local gay portal. with he remaining 20% would be donated to the region’s social action plan.

El Gordo is of Spain’s Christmas lottery and has been running in Spain since 1812. It is one of Europe’s oldest official lotteries and has the richest lottery prize fund in the world with 195 first prizes of € 3,000,000, 195 second prizes of € 1,000,000, and more than 3 million other cash prizes.

The draw can take up to 5 hours, and whole communities sit together and watch to see if they have won the fat one! (“El Gordo”)

I don’t know about you but I love a fat one.

*  “El Gordo,” is indeed a legitimate lottery and is one of the largest lottery drawings in the world.  IT IS REAL.  But to enter and win “El Gordo,” you must be a resident of Spain and purchase your ticket within the country. Keep in mind YOU CANNOT WIN IF YOU DID NOT BUY A TICKET! – SO WATCH FOR EMAIL SCAMS.  You must purchase your entry to the drawing in Spain to win. It is against U.S. federal law to play a foreign lottery through the mail or over the phone.


Will Kohler

Will Kohler is one of America's best known LGBT historians, He is also a a accredited journalist and the owner of A longtime gay activist Will fought on the front lines of the AIDS epidemic with ACT-UP and continues fighting today for LGBT acceptance and full equality. Will’s work has been referenced on such notable media venues as BBC News, CNN, MSNBC, The Washington Post, The Daily Wall Street Journal, Hollywood Reporter, and Raw Story. Back2Stonewall has been recently added to the Library of Congress' LGBTQ+ Studies Web Archive. Mr. Kohler is available for comment, interviews and lectures on LGBT History. Contact:

Related Articles

What do you think?

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.