Trey Parker and Matt Stone’s “The Book of Mormon” is one of the hottest tickets on Broadway and has nabbed a whopping 14 Tony Award nominations
The real miracle of The Book of Mormon, though, is how solid the musical storytelling is.
Whats that you can’t make it to NYC to drop a couple of hundred on tickets?
You can’t wait till June to buy the Broadway Cast Album?
Well no worries! NPR is streaming the ENTIRE “Book of Mormon” Soundtrack in its ENTIRETY!
“The Book of Mormon,” about two Mormon missionaries who find more than they bargained for in Africa, was written by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of Comedy Centrals irreverent “South Park,” and Robert Lopez, co-creator of the equally irreverent Tony Award-winning musical “Avenue Q.”
So head over to NPR and listen to the ENTIRE Soundtrack from “The Book of Mormon” at NPR by Clicking HERE!
*Make sure to hear “Turn It Off”- a number about how Mormons repress negative feelings and desires in order to be relentlessly cheerful, sung by the hilarious Mormon Elder ensemble at the Ugandan mission. Of course, the Mormon stance on gays is here lampooned with the repressed Elder McKinley. “Imagine your brain is made up of boxes, and you take the gay box and CRUSH IT.”
* Sacha Baron Cohen has closed a deal to play Queen front man Freddie Mercury in a film that’s being scripted by Peter Morgan for a 2011 production start. This is the first time the surviving members of Queen–Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon–have licensed songs and music publishing rights for a movie . Borat as Freddie? Well he does look like him.
* The Human Rights Campaign now blames Prop 8 ruling, NOM for possible Democratic loss of Congress – in fear-based fundraising email. Karen Ocamb: “The problem is – HRC may have just provided opponents of LGBT equality talking points and quotes. Not to mention that HRC is just plain wrong.” Ah yes, HRC. What canb I possibly say that hasn’t been said about them. Oh yes. FUCKTARDS!
* Kellan Lutz (Left) and Fernando Verdasco (Bottom….I wish) mke “package” delieveries for Calvin Klein.
* Johnny Depp surrounds himself with male models in his new upcoming movie The Tourist. (Johnny’s originally from Paducah, KY. No shit!)
* Marky Mark Wahlberg almost 40 and still flexing his muscles as he plays a ‘boxer’ in his new movie “The Fighter”. (Who cares about Wahlberg. Christian Bale is in it! The Balenator!)
* Trey Parker and Matt Stone’s musical comedy Book of Mormon will open March 24th at the Eugene O’Neill Theater. Previews begin February 24th. (Hahahahaha Joesph Smith……Joesph Smith…..!)