Televangelist Bob Larson calls himself the “world’s foremost expert on cults, the occult and supernatural phenomena.” and has appeared on Oprah, Larry King Live, and CNN’s Anderson Cooper. But perhaps what will turn out to be his most infamous piece of work has been uploaded on Youtube and shows Larson trying to “exorcise” that dreaded demon of “gay” out of an unnamed man.
While “performing” the exorcism over a grunting, moaning, normal looking middle-age man, Larson commands, “I loose him from the curse of homosexuality…The worst thing in the world for a filthy stinking sex demon to say is ‘the holy spirit’ — they hate it.”
After the man is “freed” of the demon, the video cuts to Larson addressing the camera and stating, “I pray in the name of Jesus for those who may be battling sexual feelings of lust and pornography and lesbianism and homosexuality… Amen.” Viewers are then encouraged to call in and order a $59 three-video set to help them break “the six strongholds of Satan.”
The Lifetime Network will be presenting an 8 part weekly reality show called “The Real Exorcist” showcasing Larson starting Halloween night. Lifetime should be ashamed.
As for the video……
Third rate acting – and the guy being exorcised was no better.
Lifetime‘s new (what the hell were the Lifetime programming exec’s thinking) reality series Bristol Palin: Life’s A Tripp last night drew an underwhelming 726,000 and is officially a BOMB.
Losing over 1 Million viewers from its Lifetime lead-in show, Dance Moms, which delivered 1.8 million total viewers. Palin’s Life’s A Tripp, has received mostly negative reviews, also was well below the debut of the Lifetime’s now-defunct Roseanne Barr docu- reality series Roseanne’s Nuts, which opened with 1.6 million total
Could it be that American has finally grown tired of hearing he Palins whine about media intrusion while at the same time selling their asses and souls for easy money on television? One can hope.
As for Lifetime one would hope and expect for better. But what do you expect from a television station that’s giving Lindsey Lohan her 235th chance back in the business as Elizabeth Taylor no less.
* Last night, Lifetime cable channel presented thei television adaptaion of The 19th Wifethat tells the story of a man, Jordan, who has been excommunicated from the Mormon Church, and his efforts to help his mother, a member of a polygamous sect who has been accused of killing her husband. The problem is that in the book the character of Jordan was ex-communicated because he was gay. A crucial part of the storyline that Lifetime changed by making the character of Jordan straight. Author David Ebershoff states: “A few weeks before filming began I learned that Jordan had been rewritten as straight. I was told that this was a network decision. Obviously I was offended, disappointed, and baffled. I hope that the movie sends people to the book so that they can meet my Jordan, along with his boyfriend, Tom, and their dogs, Elektra and Joey.” Mindboggeling. Lifetime does know that it airs Project Runway and besides that many gay men watch their channel right? Idiots.
* Rafael Nadal wins U.S. Open, rules the tennis universe. All fall on your knees before Rafeal! Is that a problem for anyone? (Nice butt Rafael!)
* A Texas named Mark Zable has invented FRIED BEER! Homer Simpson will be SO stoked!
* George Michael was sentenced to eight weeks in prison for driving while under the influence of drugs.. He’ll spend four weeks in jail, and four on parole. I bet he’ll hate to leave jail. Such a large “dating” pool for him.
* Sourdough bread, white truffle cheese, 100-year-old balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil, cheese, quail’s egg, heirloom black tomato, epicure apple, and dried figs sandwich, $178 dollars created by Brit celebrity chef Martin Blunos . 100 year old vending machine cheese sandwich at the office. $2.50. Do the math!