Director Bradley Rust Gray’s coming-of-age lesbian romance film Jack and Diane stars Juno Temple (seen most recently in The Dark Knight Rises) as Diane, and Riley Keough (The Runaways) as Jack — two girls who fall in love in New York City.
The pair’s blossoming relationship hits a snag, however, when Diane’s aunt, Linda, (Kylie sporting some trailer-trash tattoos!) announces that Diane will be departing for school in France in a few short weeks. The news of Diane’s planned departure pushes Jack away (she tells Diane at one point in the trailer, “Don’t stay for me, okay?”), eliciting strange and somewhat violent changes in Diane.
Jack and Diane is an unusual combination of tender adolescent romance and gruesome body horror, the latter courtesy of some fantastic stop-motion work from the Quay Brothers. Throw in some humor (which you don’t really get in the trailer), and gorgeous cinematography by Anne Misawa, and of course Kylie and you get an interesting Halloween exercise in horror and gender studies.
For over two decades singer Kylie Minogue has been an inspiration to the gay community and has given her unwavering support of our rights. Tonight she is to be presented with a prestigious award by Scissor Sisters’ Jake Shears to commemorate her contributions to music and her ability to transform her music to translate to all generations. Here’s more:
The pop diva, 44, spoke to Willam and Louis Virtel about her “Abbey Road Sessions” album, which was released last year. She also gave Willam a special tweet thrill.
In February, it was announced that Minogue would join the ranks of Jay-Z, Willow Smith, J. Cole and Rita Ora on the Roc Nation label.
The Logo NewNowNext Awards 2013 will be air on Logo on April 15 at 10 p.m./9 p.m. central time.
* Lady Gaga’s talks vagina with Vanity Fair. (Insert Joke Here……again)
* FOX News beat out NPR and Bloomberg for Helen Thomas’ now empty front row seat in the White House press room: (Good move there White House. Perhaps you’ll let Robert Gibbs give your enemy a blowjob while tyhey sit there.)
* Watch: Scissor Sisters Breaking News feature with appearances by Jane Fonda, Kylie Minogue, Juliette Lewis and Amanda Lepore
Kylie Minogue will be returning to the big screen soon in the upcoming motion picture “Jack and Diane”……playing a lesbian!
Jack and Diane, is about two teenage girls who meet in New York City and spend the night kissing ferociously. Diane’s charming innocence quickly begins to open Jack’s tough skinned heart. But, when Jack discovers that Diane is leaving the country in a week she tries to push her away. Diane must struggle to keep their love alive while hiding the secret that her newly awakened sexual desire is giving her werewolf-like visions.
Kylie will playing the role of Tara, a heavily tattooed lesbian.
The movie also stars Jenna Malone, Riley Keough, and Juno Temple [source]
Kylie Minogue emerged from the wings sporting a sheer lace body suit and thigh-high silver studded boots at the Glastonbury Festival this weekend as she joined hot bodied and hairy Jake Shears and Sissor Sisters to perform “Any Which Way” and Kylie even threw in some booty slaps for good measure
* Queen Latifah (born: Dana Owens) and her “trainer” Jeanette Jenkins have purchased a new $1.4 million Los Angeles estate. It’s a 3-bed, 2.5-bath. Does it count as coming out if Queen puts her *cough* “roomates” name on the deed? (Personal meeage to Queen Latifah and PLEASE pass this along if you know her. ‘Come out of the closet. The Community needs you!”
* Lesbian married Iowa couple sue over birth certificate. Heather Lynn Martin Gartner, 38, and Melissa McCoy Gartner, 39, filed the Polk County claim on behalf of their second child, who was born in September. The couple argues that the birth certificate – which only lists Heather, the biological mother – incorrectly labels their daughter Mackenzie as a child born out of wedlock. I pity Polk County. NEVER screw with a lesbian.
* Even Jedi A-Holes lose control of thier light sabers and their inhibitions. LOL!
* Andrés Velencoso Seguara who is currently Kylie Minogue ‘s model/boyfriend is featured this month on the cover and in the pages of the new issue of Vanity Fair España magazine in the buff. Andres is best known for ad campaigns such as Chanel Allure Homme, Sport fragrance and Louis Vuitton campaign with J-Lo in 2003 and ranked the number 6 male model in the world. First Kylie gets to meet David Tennant and now this. She’s one lucky bitch!
*Speaking of BITCHES (And not in a good way) Sarah Palin made an unsuccessful attempt at humor that made her come off as the cro-magnon knuckle dragger that she really is while making light of the fact she was in one of America’s liberal bastions Friday night, S Palin told attendees at an event in Eugene, Oregon she eats granola and organic food just like residents there do: “I eat granola. I eat a lot of organic food. I have to shoot and catch a lot of my organic food before I eat it,” Oh why can’t Dick Chaney take her out hunting before she inspires more nutcases to commit violence
* In Woodville North Australia, Ian Jolly, 57, was barred from dining at Grange restaurant Thai Spice in May last year after a staff member mistook his guide dog Nudge for a “gay dog”. A statement given by restaurant owners Hong Hoa Thi To and Anh Hoang Le said one of the waiters had understood Mr Jolly’s partner Chris Lawrence “to be saying she wanted to bring a gay dog into the restaurant”. “The staff genuinely believed that Nudge was an ordinary pet dog which had been desexed to become a gay dog,” the statement said. At an Equal Opportunity Tribunal conciliation hearing on Friday, the restaurant agreed to provide Mr Jolly with a written apology and attend an Equal Opportunity education course, in addition to paying him $1500.
* Gay Surfers how have a place to hung 10 hang 10 on the Internet. GaySurfers.net. The website features details of gay-friendly surf spots in Australia, Costa Rica, France, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States, along with a discussion forum and interviews with out surfers. “It’s a tool for gay surfers to meet and find others that share the same passion and sometimes face similar issues,” its founder explains. “Most gay surfers live closeted with the fear of being rejected by their surfing community.
*Watch the “behind the scenes” video of the photoshoot featuring Andres Velencoso Segura for the May 2010 issue of Vanity Fair.