* The Human Rights Campaign Only Spends 3.2% Of Their 2009 $45.7 Million Budget On Lobbying. Anyone ever wonder what REALLY happens to the other 96.8%? With $45.7 Million I could have BOUGHT the votes in Washington needed to secure all our civil rights. – The Petrelis Files
* Gay Man FIRED After Complaing About Gay Slurs Made By Co-Workers – Michael Aguayo, a A former employee of Oak Park, in Chicago, Illnois is suing the village, claiming it fired him after he complained about anti-gay remarks that co-workers made towards him. Co-workers allegedly referred to things that didn’t work properly as “being gay” and made verbal threats, the suit said. The suit seeks more than $600,000 in damages.- Chicago Sun Times
* The Supreme Court Hold Up DADT…For Now. The Supreme Court upheld “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” the Pentagon’s ban on openly gay men and women serving in the military In a nutshell……..
- Last month the nationwide gay and lesbian advocacy group Log Cabin Republicans won a decision from a district court that barred the Pentagon from enforcing “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell.” The district court found that the policy was in violation of the Constitution.
- The Justice Department then appealed the decision, asking for more time to prepare the military for a policy change.
- The 9th Circuit US Court of Appeals then put the district court’s decision on hold, pending a review by the Appeals Court.
- The Log Cabin Republicans then appealed to the Supreme Court to lift the Appeals Court stay, but the Supreme Court rejected the appeal.
- The Pentagon responded to the Supreme Court’s decision by saying that it “believes the decision upholding the stay was appropriate.
All I can say is that it sucks to be gay in America. “All men are created equal” MY ASS! – House and Home Gazette
* Gay Couple Uses Skype to Legally Marry in Texas – Mark Reed and Dante Walkup had been together ten years when they decided it was high time they tied the knot. Unfortunately, though they wanted nothing more than to get married in their native Texas, theirs is a state that does not legally allow same-sex couples to marry. However, Reed and Walkup were not to be deterred and the two came up with a way to have a legal wedding without flying family and friends to another state. The couple traveled to Washington D.C. back in May to receive their certificate of marriage. Fast forward five months and the two were married in Texas, with a D.C. official (accompanied by several witnesses) marrying them via Skype – They MESSED with Texas and WON! Take that Rick Perry! – tomsguide.com
* Austrailain Officials Raid Film Festival Director’s Home Looking For Zombie Gay Porn – Austrailian officials raided the Melbourne home of a film festival director, Richard Wolstencroft, a noted film-maker and head of the Melbourne Underground Film Festival (MUFF) because of the screening of a controversial zombie porn film in September called “LA Zombie” Thursday’s search was fruitless for police because his copy of “LA Zombie” had been destroyed. HA – HA! – mediandia.net
* Mormon Church Tells Gays and Lesbians It’s Okay To Be Gay. Just Don’t FUCK! – How about this? It’s okay to be Mormon, just don’t be so judgemental, bigoted, money hungry and fucking asshole? Hows that work for you LDS? – Lez Get Real
* Bollywoods Version of Brokeback Mountain Is Released – This weekend brings the release of the movie Dunno Y…Na Jaane Kyun, the first Bollywood film to feature an onscreen gay kiss, in India. In the months leading up to its release, the movie has been touted as that country’s Brokeback Mountain. Censors in India, where homosexuality was legalised only last year, have apparently cut many of the gay scenes. (Which is too bad because the guys are smoking hot!) – Towleroad
* Gay Student Graeme Taylor, 14, Is Sticking Up For Michigan High School Teacher Jay McDowell. And He Is FRAKING Awesome – Michigan high school teacher Jay McDowell was suspended for a day without pay after trying to make his classroom a place for acceptance rather than intolerance, McDowell was disciplined for telling a student to remove a confederate flag belt buckle (because it represented racism) while defending the purple clothing of Spirit Day, Howell administrators insisted McDowell was at fault for infringing on students’ First Amendment rights.
14 Year old Taylor stood up at the School Board meeting and quoting Dr. Martin Luther King, Taylor told board members about how their district isn’t just home to the KKK (Grand Wizard Robert Miles lived nearby before he died), but to intolerant students who drove him, at the age of nine, to attempt suicide.
What McDowell tried to do, says Taylor, was move the needle ever so slightly in the other direction and defend LGBT kids who have found hallway torment to be status quo. “The best thing you can do right now is just give him his pay for that day, and just reverse the disciplinary actions,” Taylor told the school board. “He did an amazing thing. He did something that’s inspired a lot of people. And whenever — ever — I have a teacher stand up for me like that, they change in my eyes. I support Jay McDowell, and I hope you . Graeme Tayor is AWESOME. I only wish more ADULTS would stand up, speak out, and do whats right, – Queerty
* The Catholic Church: We Need More Exorcists – More than fifty Catholic bishops and priests are in Baltimore this weekend for a training event on how to perform exorcisms. Maybe they should train on Linda Blair. She SUCKED this weekend at the HorrorHound Weekend Convention in Cincinatti, TRES UNPROFESSIONAL! – Joe My God