The BBC is reporting that seven Egyptian men have been arrested and will be charged with inciting debauchery and spreading images that violate public decency after a video the men surfaced showing them celebrating on a Nile river boat at what appeared to be a gay wedding.
During the minute-long video two men are seen exchanging rings before kissing each other aboard a Nile felucca. The pair are surrounded by cheering friends. Meanwhile a cake featuring the pair’s faces is also present in the film.
In the hours following the clip’s release, many Egyptians took to social media in support of the couple.
The men could face charges of inciting debauchery and spreading images that violate public decency..
The prosecutor general also ordered for the men to be forced to undergo forensic exams before calling for their trial to be fast tracked to “safeguard the values of society and implement justice.”
A statement released by state news agency MENA described the video as showing “a devilish shameless party.” The prosecutor said the video dates back to April.
While Homosexuality is not explicitly outlawed in Egypt, Egyptian police have long made the lives of homosexuals a living hell. In 2001, 21 men were handed three-year jail sentences after cops raided a so-called ‘gay party’ on the Queen Nile boat.
Meanwhile 14 men were arrested at a sauna in Cairo’s El-Marg district in October last year and have since been charged with a variety of offences linked to so-called “indecent behavior.” In November, nine men were arrested on similar charges at a private party in 6th October City.
Family Research Council hate group President and former navy semen TonyPerkins is deeply upset over that fact that the decision to hold gay weddings on Navy bases “an assault on religious freedom.”
“If the administration keeps pounding its agenda through the military, we’ll need the Navy SEALs to rescue marriage. Last week, we started to see some of the fallout from the ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ repeal. Without bothering to consult Congress-or the law-Navy officials decided to revise their training manuals to better accommodate same-sex ‘marriage.’ In a letter to the chaplain corps, Rear Admiral M.L. Tidd says it starts by freeing up military chaplains and facilities for homosexual weddings. ‘This is a change,’ Tidd wrote, ‘to previous training that states same-sex marriages are not authorized on federal property.
“Call it what you will, but that’s not a change to ‘training’–that’s a circumvention of U.S. law. The Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA)–which governs not just the military, but every federal entity–states that marriage is the legal union of a man and woman. Now that the ban on homosexuals in the military is overturned, the White House is trying to enlist the troops in its war on DOMA. And if the administration won’t uphold the law, then it shouldn’t surprise anyone that the President would order the military to ignore it.”
Let me guess. Always a bridesmaid never a bride, right bitch?
* Lady Gaga is preparing herself to become an ordained minister. A source told Heat Magazine that the Gaga has already taken an online course and is set to undertake the full paperwork to become an ordained minister so she can peform weddings for her gay fans. Thats Pastor Lady Gaga to you!
* Ottawa Canada’s is ordering and installung designer street signs for its gay neighborhood known as The.Village. Canada is just too coool., I just can’t even stand it anymore. Will some crazy gay Canuck OR Company PLEASE SPONSOR MY IMMIGRATION?
* Tony Blair gives George W. Bush high marks for integrity. Back2Stonwall gives Tony Blair high marks for INSANITY.
* Cutie Matthew Mitcham: wants all the gay footballers to come out of the closet to battle homophobia (And probably into his bedroom also. I know I sure the hell do have you ever seen those guys? WOOF!.)
* Wonkette has a collection of Washington, DC “Men Seeking Sex” Craigslist ads for Glenn Beck’s “Restoring Honor” rally Totally Ewwwww. but like a car wreck. you feel compelled to look.