Just in case you didn’t know, ChristWire is a satire website.
The “Ultra Conservative Christian” website, Christwire.org has gotten alot of exposure lately in part thanks to an Aug. 14 column, “Is My Husband Gay? a 15-point checklist to help wives diagnose possibly closeted husbands, written by the now infamous Stephenson Billings which was picked up by even The Huffington Post and mentioned by Ryan Seacrest on his radio show. (Well Ryan was probably just checking ot out to see hopw many of the 15 points he hit.)
Well today the New York Times broke the news. CHRISTWIRE IS A JOKE! LITERALLY! The content, the opinions and the fake authors who write the stuff. (There is no “Stephenson Billings.”) Neither of the two founders is a conservative Christian. They are just like-minded 28-year-olds who met on the Internet, have never seen each other in person, and until this week had never given their real identities to a reporter.
And the BRILLANT minds behing Christwire belong to Bryan Butvidas is a software develope rfrom Southern California. and Kirwin Watson is a former Pepperdine student who now lives in Kansas.
Neither Mr. Watson nor Mr. Butvidas is a crusading atheist. Mr. Watson calls himself “an observant Catholic,” and Mr. Butvidas is a nondenominational Protestant who is “religious for the most part.” Their target, they say, is not Christians but those who do not question what they hear on the news.
“There’s just rampant idiocy in the media sometimes,” Mr. Watson said. “People watch their favorite news channels, don’t question it, and will regurgitate it the next day at the office. That is no good at all.
“Our main culprit,” he adds, “is Fox News.”
Marie Jon, who writes for the quite earnest conservative site RenewAmerica.com, used to allow her stories to be reposted to ChristWire. After I called her for this column, her editor at RenewAmerica wrote a letter to ChristWire asking that Ms. Jon’s writing — and her picture, which had run between photographs of men identified as “Jack Gould” and “S. Billings” — be removed.
I have to give credit where credit is due. A HUGE “Well Done!” goes to both Bryan Butvida and Kirwin Watson.
* Tom Hardy. Mmmmmmmm Beef. (More pics at bottom.)
* Christwire has a HYSTERICAL article on faghags. “The homosexual is like a locust– limber, voracious and without conscience. They consume everything in their path, stripping the purest things bare, leaving them barren and alone in the cold night air. They will rampage through cities and cultures, whether it’s San Francisco or the Brazilians, the hallowed chambers of the Vatican or internet chat boards. Our straight women in love with gay men don’t seem to comprehend that once they’ve been dropped off for the night at their doorfronts, the homosexual’s adventure is really just beginning.” (Seems like someone else watched “Eating Out” on LOGO last night)
* Penny Wong, Australia’s lesbian climate change minister and Labor Party member, who’s come out against same-sex marriage rights ihas been branded a TRAITOR by the Austrailia LGBT Community. (And rightfully so)
* A massive asteroid has 1 in 1000 chance of hitting the Earth in 2182.. ( Maybe, just maybe we might have equal rights in the United States by then))
* Florida, California, New York, and New Mexico are the states with the highest concentration of uncut men. (Imagine being the research assistant working on this study)
* And as promised. More BEEF ala Tom Hardy!