The 2011 Academy Award Nominations (aka The Gay Superbowl) were announced ungodly early this morning no really huge surprises except Mila Kunis not getting a Best Supporting Actress nod for Black Swan I guess the Academy snobbed out and didn’t want to nominate poor little Jackie.
Best actor nominees include James Franco (”127 Hours”) , Jeff Bridges (”True Grit”), Colin Firth (”The King’s Speech”), Jesse Eisenberg (”The Social Network”), and Javier Bardem (”Biutiful”).
Best actress nominees include Annette Bening (”The Kids Are All Right”), Michelle Williams (”Blue Valentine”), Nicole Kidman (”Rabbit Hole), Jennifer Lawrence (”Winter’s Bone”), and Portman (”Black Swan”).
Best supporting actress nominees include Amy Adams (”The Fighter”), Helena Bonham Carter (”The King’s Speech”), Melissa Leo (”The Fighter”), Hailee Steinfeld (”True Grit”) and Jacki Weaver (”Animal Kingdom).
Best supporting actor nominees include Christian Bale (”The Fighter”), John Hawkes (”Winter’s Bone”), Mark Ruffalo (”The Kids Are All Right”), Geoffrey Rush (”The King’s Speech”) and Jeremy Renner (”The Town”).
Best director nominees include Joel and Ethan Coen (“True Grit”), Darren Aronofsky (“Black Swan”), Tom Hooper (“The King’s Speech”), David O. Russell (“The Fighter”) and David Fincher (“The Social Network”).
Best picture nominees include “Black Swan,” “The Fighter,” “Inception,” “The Kids Are All Right,” “The King’s Speech,” “127 Hours,” “The Social Network,” “Toy Story 3,” “True Grit,” and “Winter’s Bone.”
I’d like to personally congratulate Christian Bale and James Franco for their Academy Award Nominations…..in person. (Call me)
* Gerard Butler (admitted Bisexual) buffed up his tree trunk arms while shooting his new movie, Coriolanus in in Belgrade, Serbia. Coriolanus is actor Ralph Fiennes’ directorial debut (he also stars in the movie) with William Hurt, Eddie Marsan, Jessica Chastain and Vanessa Redgrave also star. Unfortunately Gerard WILL NOT be wearing small trunks and a cape.
* WOW, The Human Rights Campaign lunches an EDNA Facebook app!. 25+ Million a year in Donations and this is the best that they can do.
* David Duchovny wants to be on Team Jacob and Edward!: “If I were gay, you know. I think Woody Allen is one of a long list of men I might go gay for…Garry Shandling is someone I’ve publicly gone gay for, for jokes. Oh and anyone in the Twilight movies. I don’t know any of their names, but all of them. The wolves, the vampires? They’re all fantastic.”” I want to see the Duchovney/Lautner/Pattinson sex tape! Go David!
* Only 2 more years until we get to see Christian Bale’s bulge when the new Batman movie comes out!
* Imran Khan recently posed for a series of shirtless pictures and the results have his gay fans in India pushing to make him an icon. According to The Times of India, the production company producing his next film has made the following claim: “For three days now, we have been getting weird calls from various people who seem to have been so impressed by Imran’s shirtless pictures that they insist he’s the next gay icon. Some of them said he’s turning out to be the sex symbol they’ve been waiting for.” I’d do him.