Masturbation Month brings new meaning to “The Lusty Month of May.”
U.S. Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders made a speech at the United Nations World AIDS Day in 1994. After her speech was over an audience member asked about masturbation’s potential for discouraging early sexual activity? Elder’s responded: “I think it is something that is part of human sexuality and a part of something that perhaps should be taught”
She was immediately fired. (By Bill Clinton of all people.)
San Francisco’s sex toy and education company Good Vibrations a few years back decided to find a way to keep the focus on safe solo sex and honor Elders’ by declaring the month of May, National Masturbation Month
What a stroke of genius! LITERALLY.
Masturbation Month aims to break down these societal barriers and encourage people to embrace their sexuality. It’s an opportunity to explore new fantasies, try out different techniques, and get to know your body on a deeper level. I
This month-long celebration of self-pleasure was created to break down the taboos surrounding masturbation and encourage people to explore their bodies and sexuality in a positive and healthy way.
Hand job, Jacking off, Wanking, Tossing off, Jacking The Beanstalk, Slapping The Salami, Jackhammering, or whatever you want to call it is 100 percent all natural and FUN!
And other than the sheer fun of it here is a breakdown of how masturbation can be beneficial to both your physical and emotional health.
In general the act of masturbating can: *Relieve insomnia *Stimulate the immune system to help build up resistance to common infections. *Improve blood circulation. *Release mood elevating hormones *Reduce the occurrence embarrassing spontaneous erections for teen males *Reduce the number of unwanted wet dreams for young men. (I am also proud to say that I’ve never had a wet dream.)
Masturbation Month is all about celebrating the beauty and power of human sexuality. It’s a time to embrace our desires, explore our bodies, and connect with ourselves on a deeper level. So go ahead
So grab the Albolene some Kleenex, or even a buddy because remember masturbation is also a 100% SAFE contact sport !
Fall from Grace is a 1990 television film about the lives of Jim Bakker and his then-wife, Tammy Faye Bakker, during the 1980s, starring Kevin Spacey (OMG) and the FABULASH (Gay Saint) Bernadette Peters in their lead roles. The film aired on NBC on April 29, 1990, as well as occasional reruns in later years on the Lifetime Movie Network so you know it’s got to be…… good.
Peters, as Tammy, sings several gospel songs throughout the movie, including “Mercy Rewrote My Life”, “Amazing Grace”, “God Rides on the Wings of Love”, and “His Eye Is on the Sparrow”.
Spacey at first declined the role, but finally decided to take it, because of “Jim’s complexity — and a 3½-hour phone conversation with director Arthur.” Because Tammy’s weight fluctuated, Peters sometimes had to have extra padding; she wears false nails and five wigs. The movie cost $3-million-plus to make.
A Los Angeles Times article noted that both Peters and Spacey said “they had doubts about taking part in the show because of the caricature, Saturday Night Live aspect of their characters”,
Because thats where obviously the 2012 Tony Award nominations took place from this year because only in an alternate universe would they and could they snub Broadway legend Angela Lansbury and her chance to win a record-breaking sixth Tony Award for her role as a Southern political doyenne in Gore Vidal’s The Best Man, which Angela received critical acclaim.
Now one must wonder who was so much better than Lansbury to knock the grand dame of the theatre out of the running? Well none other than Condola Rashad (daughter of Cosby mom Phylicia) for the very, very short-lived Stick Fly.
But that’s not all! The snubs kept on coming this morning when the Tony noms were announced and also NOT nominated was the revival of Godspell led by Weeds star Hunter Parrish (and now Corbin Bleu), the Alan Rickman-topped comedy Seminar, and The Mountaintop, last fall’s high-profile drama starring Samuel L. Jackson and Angela Bassett and also alas *gasp* Bernadette Peters (Follies)!
But the biggest surprise snub of this years Tony’s? (Get ready to clutch those pearls boys)
Ricky Martin and Elena Roger in the Broadway revival of Evita.
Nothing, Zip, Nada!
Oh the gay theatrical humanity of it all!
As for who was nominated….
Oh really who am I kidding. After seeing the list of those who were snubbed does anyone really care who was nominated?
Oh the theatrical travesty of it all.
Bernadette Peters, “Losing My Mind,” Kennedy Center “Follies”
I’ll admit it. I am a Theatre geek. (After all I do have a degree in Musical Theatre from NYU.) But I have to confess that I am than thrilled about the news that Chicago director Rob Marshall is in line to direct a long-awaited (and in some circles feared) big screen remake of Into the Woods, Stephen Sondheim/James Lapine Tony-winning musical which intertwines the plots of several Brothers Grimm fairy tales and follows them further to explore the consequences of the characters’ wishes and quests
But this isn’t the first production of “Into The Woods” on film and will never be the best.
The original production was taped in May 1989 and was broadcast on U.S. public television on March 20, 1991 1987. (And is available on DVD through Amazon.com) with Bernadette Peters’ performance as the Witch and Joanna Gleason’s portrayal of the Baker’s Wife which brought acclaim to the production during its original Broadway run.
I worry that a big screen remake will lead to big screen stunt casting. Gywnth Paltrow as Cinderella? Meryl Streep as The Baker’s wife? Beyonce as The Witch? Justin Bieber as Jack from Jack in the Beanstalk. Nooooooooooooo!
Do yourself a favor and run on over to Amazon.com and buy or rent the original and see the original Broadway version BEFORE this one is made.
Sonny & Cher Show 1976: (Medley) White Christmas, Frosty the Snowman, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, Winter Wonderland. Also starring: Captain Kangaroo and Shields and Yarnell!
* Paris Hilton has been BUSTED for the 3rd time! This time Paris was arrested Friday night (August 27) for possession of cocaine. Paris was taken to the Clark County Detention Center where she was charged with possession of an illegal substance and was released. Paris and Lindsey BBF’s!
* Vinny Gaudagnino and The Situation of Jersey Shore found that someone had taped a sign on the back that said “GayMen On Board – Gay Rights Thats All We Ask!” Not amused they took the sign off the SUV. but fellow skank member cast member Jenni thought it was funny and when they weren’t looking she put it back on. (Consider the salami hidden!)
* The Club Turk Baths at 130 Turk Street in San Francisco’s Tenderloin District was one of the first gay bath house in San Francisco and also one of the last to close when the City cracked down on gay bathhouses amid the 1980s AIDS epidemic is to be turned into a doggy day care center that will be called The Bulldog Baths . A porno cinema at 80 Turk St. is set to be replaced by a family-focused theater space where circus, ventriloquism, pantomime and similarly retro-themed performances are planned and . A glass-facade mall is planned to sprawl over three lots opposite Turk Street’s nearby junction with Market Street, Goodbye Gay History.
* Hot, Hunky, Gay Suppotive Rugby player Ben Cohen is auctioning items to benefit Gay Sports Day in England, including a framed T-shirt … and a signed jockstrap. WOOF!, The annual event is organised by GMFA, the gay men’s health charity, and the RVT (Royal Vauxhall Tavern), and takes place in Spring Gardens in Vauxhall on August 30th. Now Cohen knows exactly what to donate to rasie money now , doesn’t he?
* Rufus Wainwright stopped by the “The Queen of Grey Goose Vodka” and 1000 percent gay friendly Chelsea Lately show hosted by Chelsea Handler, and talked about about him demanding complete silence from his audience on tour (that had Chelsea looking at him in awe.), The welcomiong of 50 Cent into the “Gay Family”, and his Kardashian show phase and the hots he has for Kourtney’s boyfriend from Hell and hot badboyScott Disick. Oh and Rufus also admited to liking “dick” but we all know that don’t we?