Help defend the Freedom to Believe
I’m sending this email with some disturbing news . . . and yet, some very real encouragement.
The disturbing news?
As predicted, sexual revolution extremists are answering the question, “After they get national same-sex ‘marriage,’ then what?”
Within four days of the U.S. Supreme Court decision imposing same-sex “marriage” on all of America, James Obergefell, one of the plaintiffs in the case, was part of press conferences of LGBT activists who proclaimed the Supreme Court victory was not enough.
He said, “Friday’s historic ruling is a victory, but it’s just the beginning.”
I believe they are wrong . . . if people like you unite and take action now.
One article called the activists’ plans “the next frontier.”
This “next frontier” includes taking away your religious freedom. Obergefell and the activists called for laws that would:
- Abolish protections for religious employers to hire according to their sincere beliefs . . .
- Erase protections of religious employees to have a workplace not hostile to their beliefs about marriage . . .
- End protections for religious landlords to rent rooms or other property without violating their religious beliefs.
This would lead to other attacks: Refusing professional licenses for those disagreeing with same-sex “marriage.” Wiping out tax exemptions for religious institutions. The list goes on.
We are standing up to these bullies—with confidence and solid strategies for victory. FRC is helping lead the resistance to this “new frontier”—but I need your financial help to move quickly as threats arise.
In the days since the Supreme Court’s ruling, we’ve seen celebrators at a Gay Pride Parade spit on a Catholic priest who just happened to be innocently walking past.
We’ve seen Senator Tammy Baldwin (D-WI) state that Christians should have to participate in same-sex “marriages,” limiting our religious freedom to the four walls of our churches. (Of course, we know the Left intends to attack churches too.) Others have joined that chorus.
We’ve seen the ACLU attack religious freedom legislation.
We’ve seen calls in the mainstream media for the end of tax-exemption for churches . . . the legalization of polygamy . . . and we’ve seen the Left declare that Christian influence in America is over.
Thankfully, we’ve also seen a massive outpouring of uncompromising, confident opposition from people of faith—a resistance I’m asking you to be part of today with your gift and prayers.
I’ve been overjoyed to see literally thousands of pastors . . . seminary and religious education leaders . . . writers and theologians . . . governors . . . members of Congress . . . and grassroots Christians by the millions say, in essence:
No! We’re not caving in to the demands of a mob. Our faith is not up for negotiation or sale!
This growing resistance movement understands that same-sex “marriage” is more than merely an instrument to push the sexual revolution to new destructive extremes . . . it is a tool by powerful secularists to push Christian influence and the gospel into the shadows of society.
The forcing of same-sex “marriage” is a form of tyranny. The threat on religious freedom must be countered, slowed, and stopped—and it can be:
- We must not go silent. The way to stop bullies is to stand up to them, and we are helping encourage and educate millions of Americans—including pastors and other leaders—to do that. That’s why FRC is using daily national radio, media interviews, social media, digital resources, mass events, and moreto make the case that same-sex “marriage” is a fraud, why natural marriage is the only hope for social stability, and why religious freedom must be protected. The votes of 50 million Americans are with us. So Americans need to be encouraged. Courage breeds more courage, and FRC must have resources to spread it far and wide.
- We must educate Congress regarding federal laws to stop persecution of people of faith. We are helping mobilize and educate a coalition of members of Congress to pass laws such as the First Amendment Defense Act, which would prevent any agency from denying a federal tax-exemption, grant, contract, accreditation, license, or certification to an individual or institution for acting on their religious belief that marriage is a union between one man and one woman.
- We must educate state officials about the need for laws to protect people of faith. The sexual-secular extremists plan to systematically push Christians into the underground of society. While there are federal measures we can take, there is already a fierce battle at the state level, where many states have various religious freedom protections and more are being proposed. This is crucial to the survival of religious freedom, and FRC is infusing these efforts with research, organization and awareness in key states.
From jail, Paul the apostle wrote to Timothy, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. Therefore, do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner . . .” (2 Timothy 1:7-8).
Fearing no one but God, ashamed of nothing our faith teaches, we will overcome.
You have stood strong before, and I ask you to do so again now. Please support these urgent efforts now through your online gift. Your generous gift not only helps us mobilize the resistance to the attacks the Supreme Court ruling unleashed—it is a visible way to stand up for what you believe.
Standing (Ephesians 6:13),
P.S. I’ll continue to keep you updated on these fast-moving events, but for now, please give what you can to help FRC counter the aggressive deception of the Left in their attempt to destroy your religious freedom.Your gift today will make a real difference. Together, we will not only stand firmly, but push back. Thank you in advance for your much-needed donation to FRC.