CONFIRMED: Fred Phelps Founder of the Hateful Anti-Gay Westboro Baptist Church Near Death

1. CJ says:

I really want these people to be ignored…..but I would LOOOVE to see a big, fabulous, rainbow-colored parade at his funeral. I hate them so much. They are sick “human” beings who have obviously cherry-picked verses from The Bible to justify their own outrageous hatred towards their fellow man. I can’t believe they actually believe they are holy and righteous in the eyes of a God who is described as “loving.”

Also, sorry to nitpick, but it’s “whether” not “weather.”

2. Jeff Wilson says:

Conflicted….Ignore, the funeral, which is probably what someone like this truly deserves or as CJ said turn it into the biggest Rainbow colored, flag waving, gay and lesbian pride “party” anyone has ever seen.

3. Gregory Smith says:

We can’t fight hate with hate. Ignore his funeral and let us all live our lives the best way we know how. He will be judged; it’s not for us to decide how.

4. Michael says:

As a Christian gay man, I will give him the forgiveness he would never give me. I don’t wish death on anyone, not even him. May his passing be peaceful and may healing begin in that family. The reality is that his vicious anti-gay rantings helped our side more than he could ever comprehend. My hope is that his funeral is ignored. Any act of protest makes us look petty and cruel, so let it go. We as a people and community are better than that.

5. have fun in your hell, hopefully they have a gay pride march at your funeral

6. Patricia M says:

As my mother used to say, ‘he’s more to be pitied than censured’. It gains you nothing to be hateful toward someone as deluded as he is. He will soon find out he has wasted his entire life and thrown away his eternity. I don’t need to add hating him to my list of things I will eventually regret. He knows nothing of God’s love for all his children.

7. cherie says:

It’s widely known that our spiritual paths are laid out before us. One who comes in so widely opposed to others in any manner WILL come back and experience the other aspect. It is the law of karma. “Nigger” haters come back black. Fag haters come back gay. Women beaters come back and get beat. Child molesters come back as children who get molested. Murderers get murdered…..and on and on. Do what you feel from your heart for his funeral. Mostly just remember….we are all just family here. This planet and these lives are for experiencing and learning to advance our souls. For those who are gay…take solace in knowing that it’s a more advanced soul who comes in for a life path as a gay individual. On the other side we are masculine and feminine. No lines to separate. Gay is just to experience ultimate love for one or the other side. Hate is just fear…our friend who’s dying will learn all this again when he reaches the other side. Most all of us attend our funerals. So….let that info help you , heal you and let you remember to be love. We are family. We are one. Yes, even the gay, crazies, blacks, whites and mixed up communities of the world are all family. All one. Words are just words too. We are all an eternal and beautiful soul. BE KIND AND LOVE EACH OTHER.

8. I know this will sound awful, but wouldn’t it be ironic if the freedom riders blocked all his followers from attending the funeral?

9. stan broniszewski says:

Perhaps as Fred Phelps finally gets to meet Old Nick, Satan will arrange a same sex marriage for Fred Phelps and a another guy.

10. Susan says:

I am encouraging everyone to remember that his daughter and the “ministry” will carry on. To mark the end of Fred, I plan to donate to the patriot guard, who have worked to shield mourners from this man’s hate for years. I urge others to donate to them, or to other organizations who have stood up for mourning families in the past, and may need to again in the future.