Who’s a Fool? Some of the Best Pranks From Today
It’s finally April, Winter should be long gone, and there should be a Spring in everyone’s step. With that mischievous spring, today is the day where we all become that little bit suspicious of everything we’re told; but it’s not just your friends playing pranks on you nowadays – literally everything you read is a potential trick! Here’s a collection of some of the online pranks I came across today:
1) I wonder how many people freaked out believing that Twitter was going to start charging for using vowels: http://blog.twitter.com/2013/03/annncng-twttr.html
2) The introduction of the YouTubeCollection is a hilarious concept: ALL of youtube videos completely offline, on DVD – delivered to you in just 175 truck loads, with a new truck load each week. Not only is it a great April Fools, but it’s a genius and tongue-in-cheek way of highlighting how lost so many of us would be without all the ridiculous videos out there: www.youtube.com/TheYouTubeCollection
3) There was a nice little announcement that Virgin are soon to launch glass-bottomed planes, which would just be an incredible experience! http://www.virgin.com/richard-branson/blog/virgin-atlantic-launches-worlds-first-ever-glass-bottomed-plane. Also worth reading some of the comments on the bottom of the article
4) The White House even got in on the good humor, by capitalizing on recent youtube viral Kid President by making him mini-Obama for a minute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5byDhm-E-YE
5) One that is potentially not particularly good humor: the Mens Skirts http://www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/blanktemplate.aspx?MasterName=2&SegmentID=1&Title=Mens%20Marylebone%20Skirt&content=mens-marylebone-skirt&cm_mmc=email-_-Miscellaneous-_-LM__BRWT6HB8xog7t4-_-main. Although, apparently they add that although the man-skirt is an April fool joke, “we won’t rule out producing a real one should demand dictate it”.
6) Perhaps the best one I saw today though has to be GoogleNose: bringing smellovision to real life! Imagine this was true – the ability to search for smells. Google not only created a functioning pseudo website that you can actually “browse” by scent, but a realistic and convincing video to launch their new function. Now all those mysterious questions can be answered: “What does a ghost smell like? Google Nose!” http://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/nose/ If it wasn’t for the fact that she’d probably kill me, I’d totally post the photo of my housemate smelling my laptop when I showed her GoogleNose this morning!
Also, check out the ‘treasure’ version of Google maps!
Anyone else come across any good ones?
Happy April to y’all!