Below are the 5 most evil and insane comments made by prominent conservatives, gun and religion nuts who have taken such glee in using such a dreadful event an opportunity to promote their paranoid vision of a perfect America proves the right-wing is insane and must be locked away.
5. Ann Coulter: Everybody should carry a concealed firearm. The killings took place in the morning, and by 11:07 a.m., Ann Coulter, the publicity seeking media whore big, bad mouth gives the little black dress a bad name, was touting concealed-carry laws as the answer to America’s massacre problem. Coulter’s first tweet on the subject came so soon after the killings, that there was no definitive count yet of the number of people who had perished: ”Only one policy has ever been shown to deter mass murder: concealed-carry laws. – bit.ly/VGDNBo”
4. Mike Huckabee: Massacre the result of church-state separation. Former Arkansas governor and pastor and father of a seriously deranged child who tortures animals Mike Huckabee thinks that if only the Constitution had been rewritten to allow for the mandatory worship of his God in public schools, the massacre would not have saying that if only killer Adam Lanza had gotten religion during his public school education, he wouldn’t have killed, or if Huckabee was suggesting that God was punishing a public school for not allowing organized worship in the classroom.
“We ask why there is violence in our schools but we have systematically removed God from our schools,” Huckabee told host Neil Cavuto. “Should we be so surprised that schools would become a place of carnage?”
Media Matters has the clip
3. Louie Gohmert: If only Sandy Hook principal had an assault rifle, everyone would have been saved. Speaking to host Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday, the Republican congressman from Texas with the shining bald head who had man on man solder barracks fantasies during the DADT repeal hearings let loose with this, as transcribed by the Huffington Post:
“Chris, I wish to God she had an M4 in her office, locked up so when she heard gunfire, she pulls it out … and takes him out and takes his head off before he can kill those precious kids,” Gohmert said.
The M4 is the rifle favored by the U.S. military; you can view its specs on the site of its manufacturer, Colt. Yeah, that’ll fix everything.
2. Larry Pratt: Making schools gun-free zones caused the problem. The executive director of Gun Owners of America, a far-right group tied to the militia movement, makes a leap of logic by claiming that because the massacre happened in a school designated as a “gun-free zone,” that the absence of guns in Sandy Hook Elementary School must have caused the problem.
Despite the fact that Pratt once addressed a group of white supremacists and advocated for the creation of militias in the U.S. based on the model of anti-communist Guatemalan death squads, the USA Today Web site gave Pratt a big megaphone to its millions of unique viewers (23 million in May 2011, according to the company’s media kit), the day after the Sandy Hook tragedy, in the opinion section of the site.
There, Pratt asserts:
Hopefully, the Connecticut tragedy will be the tipping point after which a rising chorus of Americans will demand elimination of the gun-free zone laws that are in fact criminal-safe zones.
One measure of insanity is repeating the same failure time after time, hoping that the next time the failure will turn out to be a success. Gun-free zones are a lethal insanity
And Number 1 on our insanity parade……..
1. AFA’s Bryan Fischer: Children Died in CT Shooting Spree Because School Did Not Embrace God.
American Family Association’s spokesloon Bryan J Fischer had the gall to say that God could have protected the victims of this massacre, but didn’t because “God is not going to go where he is not wanted” and so if school administrators really want to protect students, they will start every school day with prayer CLICH HERE to watch the video.