LGBT blogger Alvin McEwen who pens Holy Bullies and Headless Monsters has uncovered and exposed a HUGE story about a secret Facebook group of Christians members whose main goal is to attack and take down LGBT websites.
The group which is called Truth4Time has a large lists of documents which contains anti-gay propaganda that members are invited to use against the “gay agenda” The founder says that the group is supposed to be a sort of a “behind the scenes support system for the religious right” and prominent members of the anti-gay industry, including:
- a Fox News pundit,
- former employees of Concerned Women for America and The Family Research Council,
- a prominent member of the American Family Association,
- long term anti-gay activists, including those who testified in front of Congress,
- prominent members of the so-called “ex-gay” movement,
- a member of a state legislature,
- college professors from right-wing universities,
- activists who have called for laws declaring homosexuality illegal,
- members of a prominent anti-gay marriage equality group, and
- various religious right talking heads who us bloggers have had to refute many times in the past.
McEwan received information from an anonymous source who became increasingly more upset with the groups plans
PLEASE head on over to Holly Bullies and Headless Monsters and read Alvins full article which contains many of the hateful strategies and Facebook posts and shows what we are up against and the disgusting practices of the religious right.
Great work Alvin! (Personally though, I’d have named names.)
UPDATE – From Holly Bullies and Headless Monsters:
According to my source, the secret anti-gay Facebook group Truth4Time have dismantled itself. As far as my source knows, the group is disabled/gone from Facebook. I’m not gloating by saying this but you all can run, but you can’t hide. Seems to me that if you are doing God’s work, you shouldn’t be ashamed of said work.
RUN COWARDS! RUN!