Paul Madore and Mike Heath, both longtime opponents of gay rights and pro-gay initiatives and founders of the No Special Rights PAC, canvassed the University of Maine this week during the University’s Pride Week, where they distributed a “truth pledge” that, among other goals, seeks to rebrand gay marriage as “Sodomy-Based Marriage”
I pledge that I will:
1. Go to the polls and vote NO on Sodomy Based Marriage in November.
3. Use the term “Sodomy Based Marriage” and avoid the deceptive terms “same sex or gay marriage.”
4. Inform my friends and neighbors that the term “same sex marriage” contains two contradictory terms, and is therefore, illogical, false, and absurd.
5. Marriage is a Covenant that is entered into between two people and is based on a difference in gender; and there can be no moral or legal right to a practice which defies logic, common sense, and the Natural Law itself.
9. Reaffirm the Christian Church’s teaching that a child must never be denied the right to have both a mother and a father.
10. Oppose the hellish doctrine that parents of the same sex make better parents than parents of the opposite sex, an evil doctrine which is now being advanced by the homosexual rights movement.
11. Pray that God will deliver our State and Country from this attack by demonic force, and that marriage between man and woman will be restored to its rightful place of honor, to the glory of Almighty God.
Madore said in the past that he opposes legalizing same-sex marriage because he considers it an attack on religious liberties and that homosexuality represents a “culture of death” because of its links to AIDS and because it “doesn’t bring forth life.”
Also in Maine, Heath urged the legislature to re-criminalize homosexuality, saying it would “be prudent to reinstate Maine’s anti-sodomy law,” and worked to overturn the state’s marriage equality law, declaring, “Homosexuality has absolutely nothing to do with marriage. Homosexuality is a sickness.”
I guess Madore and Heath didn’t read the story yesterday of the link between homophobia and same sex attraction.
Get a room you two!