By now everyone should be aware who Ken Mehlman is.
Mehlman who was the head of the RNC during the Bush years was responsible for helping 21 states pushing through their own DOMA laws and helping to destroy hundreds of thousands of gays and lesbian lives while all the while living in a glass closet.
In 2010 Mehlman, who was retired from politics came out, threw some money at HRC and the Trevor Project and became a self-proclaimed supporters of LGBT rights and even helped New York (which he calls home) pass a same sex marriage law.
Many in the LGBT community and especially Gay Inc. gave Mehlman the benefit of the doubt, and a pass hoping to cash in on his political ties and his huge bank account. But in recent months its come to light that Mehlman is still donating heavily to anti-gay GOP candidates and now will be co-chairing a re-election fundraiser for John Boehner the man who has vowed to stop the overturning of DOMA and who tripled the legal budget of Congress to defend the unconstitutional law after President Obama and the DOJ said they would no longer continue to.
The same John BONER Boehner who also:
- Voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination based on sexual orientation.
- Voted YES on Constitutionally defining marriage as one-man-one-woman.
- Voted YES on Constitutional Amendment banning same-sex marriage.
- Voted YES on banning gay adoptions in DC.
- Voted against The Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes Act
- Rated 7% by the ACLU, indicating an anti-civil rights voting record.
- Rated 0% by the HRC, indicating an anti-gay-rights stance.
- Rated 28% by the NAACP, indicating an anti-affirmative-action stance.
A leopard doesn’t change its spots and neither has Ken Mehlman. He was a self loathing GOP prick before he came out, and now that he’s out, he’s still a self loathing GOP prick.
When Mehlman first announced his alleged change of heart, there were many people, groups like the HRC, and mainstream gay media outlets saying that he deserved the benefit of the doubt, we ought to welcome him and take the high road and not beat him over the head for his past, etc. At the time, I thought the people saying those sorts of things gave every appearance of having manure for brains.
It looks as if I was right..
Somewhere in hell Roy Cohn is giggling madly