* No need to worry about those love handels now that we have SPANXZ! Who needs liposuction or abdominal sculpting when positive body images are just a compressing body-shaping garment away? Not only is there Spanx For Men, but brands including Equmen and Sculptees actually exist. And they’re selling like hot cakes — at least how hot cakes sell to men who need squeeze-y tees that squish in their guts.
* Jason Akermanis the Aussie Football League player who said gay athletes should stay closet is in a mess of trouble now First he stuck his foot in his mouth, then Akermanis said that his column had been edited to sound more homophobic (a lie, it turns out). A lot of guys in Ackermanis’ league started calling him out and some of his teammates said that all the press attention from the article effected their playing. And now after telling him to shut up, Akcermanis’ team The Western Bulldogs has demoted him. The only person in Akermanis’ corner? His little brother Rory:
“I know I’m biased, but every time he has an opinion people want to shoot him down. He wasn’t gay bashing. He was just saying the culture is not right to have a gay player come out. In my opinion, if a bloke does come out he would get hounded by opposition supporters. It would be sad, I think… what’s done is done… Whether he lied about the column or not, it doesn’t affect how he plays football. He just wants to get on with playing football … he wants to get his nerve right. I’m hoping they do nothing, just say that he needs a rest. I don’t know why they’d want to put him on suspension for writing an article.”
Isn’t that sweet?
* Jeremy Piven waxes his NIPS! Dude. PLEASE put it on!
* Britain’s youngest mayor is a gay man: “Apart from their red robes and gold bling, mayors are known primarily for their venerable age. But Retford, in Nottinghamshire, has taken the radical step of appointing the youngest mayor in the country, 23-year-old Ian Campbell. Campbell was this month elected as a Labour district councillor for Bassetlaw, beating his Conservative rival by just 15 votes. Surprisingly, the Conservative-controlled council then nominated and voted Campbell to be mayor for the year…Campbell rose to prominence as a gay rights activist after being thrown out of his family home for coming out. In 2009, he was named Nottinghamshire’s young person of the year for his work visiting schools and colleges nationwide, and running workshops to counter homophobic bullying. His sexuality was not an issue during his campaign to be elected a councillor, which pleased him
* Glee’s Chris Colfer discusses his beautiful voice (“It’s kind of a curse”) and how it inspired plenty of bullying when he was a kid on “The View” (Dude we were ALL bullied as kids.)